Monday, January 26, 2015

It's Monday! What are you Reading? Week #1 of a series

Last week I decided to reread a book which I read 20 years ago!  The Once and Future King by E.H. White tells the story of the future young King Arthur (Wart) and all those who live in the stories as well.  Witty, descriptive, adventurous with a twist on today's issues too.  It's not for the faint of heart though...700 pages.  One of our 6th grade students read it this fall and I wanted so much to relive his joy of reading this book but could not remember a whole lot.  So...definitely worth the reread! 

What are you reading?  For everyone who posts in the Comments and shares the title of what they're reading, I am making treats this week...maybe more of those yummy chocolate cookies...and you, my friend shall have one!


If any of your parents post a Comment, their sweet child will receive a Ticket!  If a teacher posts a Comment,  stop by for a treat later this week. 


If you are not logged in to Google, type your name with your Comment.  You can just type the name of the book and Post or you can leave a bit of commentary like I did. Either, or.


What are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry that this comment is or looks really long! Really it isn't as long as it looks.
    I am reading Walk Two Moons for ELA class, Out of My Mind for Gifted and Talented, and Warriors: Forest of Secrets.
    Well, in six grade we're all reading Walk Two Moons so I don't need to describe that.
    Out of My Mind is a book by Sharon M. Draper that is REALLY good so far. It is about an eleven year old girl named Melody. She has never spoken in her life. Or walked. Or been able to do things we take for granted. She is like Steven Hawking, can't move, except her thumbs, and can't talk, can't say the many things that are going on in her head. She has photographic memory and as far as I can tell, she seems a bit synesthetic(look it up or ask me if you don't know what it is. While we're on that subject, I really recommend the book A Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass. I have it if someone would like to borrow it.). Melody is very smart but no one knows it. Even the doctors can't figure her out. Read it to find out more!
    Warriors: Forest of Secrets is the third book of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. The series is about four clans, or groups, of cats that live in the forest or other areas of the wild. The fight battles with other clans, hunt, help their clan, endure all weather, sickness, and find a way around the many obstacles that face them all. PLEASE ask me if you would like to start the series or are interested. There have been many cases where people do not know where to start or start on the wrong book. Even though it may look easy, it's not. They have six book storyline archs so there are several book 1's and 5's and, 3's, and lots more books outside of those archs. So PLEASE ask me if you are interested. I know all about that series and can lead you in the right direction! Thanks for your time! -Lucy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asia Robertson January 26,2015 at 9:45 pm

    I'm reading walk two moons for ELA and for regular Reading, I'm reading so totally Emily Ebers. There both good books. I'm happy I'm reading walk two moons in ELA and that I have such a good ELA teacher. (Mrs Leighton)��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Walk Two Moons for ELA by Sharon Creech. For independent reading, Marvelous World Olivion's Favorites by Troy Cle.
    -Julia Perconti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, This is Julia's mom! I just finished a book recommended to me by a friend who said "it was one of my most favorite books". How could I resist. One Thousand White Women, The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus has now been added to my list of books I recommend! Thanks for asking Mrs. Leighton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacob Green
    I'm reading Out Of My Mind by Sharon Draper :) :)

    ReplyDelete